ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Simple list of bugs that should be fixed.
* -Issues#show - has the "updated by" duplicated-
* -Issues#show port Eric's subtask tree so parent and child issues are shown, not just child issues- *DEAD*: too much old code was never included so it's not possible to reuse this at all
* -CSS - Missing the line under the Projects top menu-
* -CSS - Change colors to the main ChiliProject colors-
* -Add a ChiliProject image-
* -Link header image to Home- - skip, no element there to attach to
* -CSS - Admin menu - icons disappear when hovering (CSS @!important@ bug)-
* -CSS - review and merge the CSS files: application.css, redmine-reset.css, reset.css, main.css-
* -Add ChiliProject.org's custom css styles-
h2. Proposed Features
List of features we can extract from the S&P theme or build.
* -Logo Logo uploader for the header section- - #685 section
* Several different color combinations for the "themes" (e.g. white, red, green, blue, etc)
* Allow admins to add raw CSS to every page
* Issues list - change the right click menu to trigger on both left and right clicks
* Issues list - add a "popup" tooltip to show details about each issue when hovering on the row
* -JS JS - review and decide which lightbox library to use. Currently thickbox is included but it's not used. I'd propose jQuery UI instead.- jQuery UI #658 instead.
* -Group Group menus - Instead of the flat menus shown we can group menu items. So Issues would have submenus of: New Issue, Show All Issues, New Saved Query, and a dynamic list of each Query. I can try to take a screenshot example of this if needed.- #559 needed.
* -Image Image thumbnailing - the theme (and custom code) creates image thumbnails and previews of any uploaded image files. I think this is a great feature but we should implement it differently (S&P's implementation wasn't flexible enough after testing). This would also add MIME icons for common file formats (e.g. document icon for Word docs).- #560 docs).
* Issue details - Attachments changed to be shown in a table, showing: filename, upload date, uploader, and description as table columns. I think this is easier to read. (Kept in application.js)
h2. Features I'm Rejecting
Some features in the S&P theme that I think we shouldn't include but if they are useful enough they could be added.
* Few changes to My Account. I don't feel like they are worth the effort to port over, since they are just an incremental improvement and My Account needs a full redesign of it's page
* Theme removed the sidebar from the Wiki. Rejecting because that is a custom business case for S&P and ChiliProject uses the Wiki sidebar more.
* Looking at the "issue details page":http://theadmin.org/files/2011/07/chiliproject-issue-details.png there is a large gap to the right of the issue description. The theme moved the Watchers to there originally. Rejecting because having the watchers in the sidebar is a better UI and there are a few updates I'll be making that will require using the full sidebar.
* Allow admins to add raw CSS to every page - too easy to mess up the site, should be with an optional plugin