ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Editable Gantt / Fix usability issues (Feature #1277)
As requested inside discussion https://www.chiliproject.org/boards/1/topics/2418 and by many Redmine users since years, the currently static Gantt view endorses many many problems with project managers & team leaders organozing projects.
Why Editable Gantt?
Because it's a very big pain to setup a project with many tasks and to align them (start+end dates and follows/precedes relations).
For Redmine some devs made patches already - sadly this can't be done by a plugin (as Eric already stated):
Why "High Priority"?
Because ChiliProject currently is in discussion to be used in very big projects and stands in competition to old-school tools a la MS Project and fancy commercial tools like Jira. Currently I and a colleague try to set up a running CP with the old Redmine patches - but I fear this could maybe impossible without some hints / help from more experienced devs :-(
Additional Requests / Wishes around Gantt
Just for gathering all the Gantt feature requests or discussions:
- Fix issue/queries list for Gantt + Calendar: #697 + #1209
- Fix issue sorting bug: #651 <- PATCH AVAILABLE
- Chart should start with previous month: http://www.redmine.org/issues/9975 (currently solved by me/colleague - will create patch for it)
...comparable request: #1095
- Remove sidebar from Gantt chart view: #572
- Progress Lines insise Gantt chart: http://www.redmine.org/issues/12122
- Standardize the css classes used in the Gantt chart - Eric's pull request: #182
- Patches of Redmine integrated successfully (with CP master version)
- Dragging issues in Gantt view works now
- Bug with Firefox fixed (still open for Redmine)
Currently we (or honestly: a colleague of mine) are working to enable start+end date buttons to the Gantt view.
And we therefor forked ChiliProject and check in our changes to https://github.com/asinteg/chiliproject
preliminary port of editable gantt patch: https://github.com/asinteg/chiliproject/tree/1277_editable_gantt
(still needs conversion to new jQueryUI calendar)
Conversion to new jQueryUI calendar is done.
Now this patch/branch should be on par with the redmine patch.
If desirable naturally we can make it a pull request...
Next step will be integration with the better gantt plugin. (http://www.redmine.org/plugins/redmine_better_gantt_chart)