ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
ChiliProject is a web based project management system. It supports your team throughout the complete project life cycle, from setting up and discussing a project plan, over tracking issues and reporting work progress to collaboratively sharing knowledge.
- Set up a Roadmap containing all the tasks and deadline.
- Discuss your plan using a Gantt chart.
Issue tracking and progress reporting¶
- Get your things done by setting up issues for every task.
- Discuss the work within the issue.
- Get automatically notified by e-mail when a colleague updates the status of an issue.
- Update an issue by replying to a notification by e-mail.
- Keep informed about what is currently going on by subscribing a project's activity as a news feed.
Sharing knowledge collaboratively¶
- Use Wiki to create, to document and to share information with your team members.
- If you develop software, integrate your code repository such as Subversion or Git. Browse your repository within your internet browser. Update issues by referencing them in your commit messages.
- Share and update documents and files.
Keep control of your expenses¶
- Track the time you spent on tasks
- Create detailed reports where your time went.
Interact with externals¶
- Provide official project news to everybody interested in the project.
- Provide forums so that people can discuss on your project and help each other.
Setup your work flows to support your business processes.¶
- Setup issues types by creating trackers so issues can follow a specific work flow.
- Define roles and their permissions within a work flow.
- Optimize your installation to support your specific needs by extending it with Plugins provided by third parties.
It is free. It is open source.¶
ChiliProject is developed by enthusiastic developers from all over the world within a growing community. The program code is licensed under the open source licence GNU General Public License, version 2, which basically means that you can use and even extend it to your own needs without having to pay anything.
For further information on using ChiliProject please read the documentation on Using ChiliProject.
We welcome feedback! If you find something that needs to change, or a way we might improve ChiliProjects: please add an issue to the project.