ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
The current permission systems is on its end regarding flexibility and extensibility. It doesn't really support the following desired features:
- Permissions scoped to groups
- restrict the view of certain issues to specified groups of people with diverse rights
- Separate permissions for each attribute of each model
- Efficiently gather all objects a user can see
Desired Use Case¶
A public interface to a mostly private project, that allows me to:
- Define roles for my company (like now; reporter, developer, manager, etc)
- Give one off acces to "anyone with the link" in google docs terminology (make an read only link and an edit link)
- Define roles for public (not "my company"), things like:
- If a ticket was created by someone outside the company, it was viewable and commentable by the public
- If a ticket was created by the company and "made public" it becomes viewable and commentable by the public
- If a ticket was created by the public and the company makes it private then it's no longer accessible to the public (read only link to creator if you want them to see it)
The end goal would be to support mostly private workspace for internal discussion and development. Allowing feedback from specific trusted advisors, through a link and not the hassle of adding them to the project and making them register a new account, etc. Still getting feedback from the public: voting on issues, wiki reading/contributions/knowledge base, support through forums, integration of a UserVoice style popup.