ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
To produce a modular, extensible, and complete project management application for the purpose of communication among team members, using open source technology.
- "project management application" is the kind of tool
- "communication" is the primary function of the tool
- "modular" is the primary principle, meaning parts can be added or removed
- "extensible" is the secondary principle, meaning the system can be improved by third parties
- "complete" is the secondary principle, meaning the system will function without requiring other parts (i.e. plugins are not required)
- "using open source technology" is the scope of it's contributions
There are also several opportunities that ChiliProject would like to take advantage of: more projects using distributed teams, large number of web enabled devices, more data accessible online for integration and reporting, and multiple new channels of communication.
Areas of Collaboration¶
Some high level areas of collaboration are: development, testing, documentation, translations, and integrations.