ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Extended management/maintenance Tools with many projects and users -> "university" (or somthing else) (Feature #1321)
next year I want to "apply for funds" from our university to extend the management tools in Chiliproject. I thought about let writing a plugin, but I think, that isn't the best way. So I asking the developer from Chiliproject to get money from us :-)
The workflow actually:
- A student logs into Chili
- A project is automatically created with his loginname (thanks to Felix for that plugin :-) ..), for that reason:
- The student can only create a subproject with his loginname as his prefix (thanks to Felix too). I need it, so that I know the owner of a project on the filesystem (svn/git).
- To delete the project, the student needs to send me a ticket or rename the project (to_delete ...)
- I delete the project on the filesystem and than in Chili
The problems are:
- The student can't delete the project by himself
- The project that was created after the first login can't easy deleted -> only after the user has deleted
- The Chili account can't deleted, only disabled
- The database grows rapidly on every semester
What we need:
- Users with role "manager" can delete his projects
- Users that are not in the selected source (in our case LDAP) anymore, can be deleted (we would do it every 6 or 12 months)
- All projects that was created under his ID are deleted to
- If there are any references with the user id in other projects, the ID is renamed too "deleted-users" or something else, until these projects are deleted to and there are no any references anymore
- If there is a sub/project with active users (members) from a deleted users, the project isn't deleted, but archived. (later I can move/assign it to an active user)
These are the most imported points.
I think, that makes Chilipoject more attractive for a university or firms. So I hope, that the developers can tell me, if that is possible, and how much does it cost.