ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Label all input field and control tags (Bug #667)
Accessibility flaw for blind users:
Text areas, check boxes etc. need to be labeled with a <label for="id"> tag, in order to be linked to their description.
This needs to happen for a elements if possible.
|related to Bug #659: Accessibility for blind users||Declined||2011-10-13|
[#667] set unique id for each checkbox and linked it
added "no-css" class to overwrite the current label style
[#667] made labels visible as this is an accessibility issue
even for sighted users
Many labels in current forms are not marked up with the
for="id" attribute but surround the element which they label, e.g.
<label>Foo <input type="text" name="foo" /></label>
AFAIK, this is also a valid (although less elegant) way for proper markup.
Finally please make sure to provide timely patches if you want to have the feature included into the core for a certain version as they still have to be reviewed.
I noticed and I will not change these labels.
However most of the time, the label-tag is not surrounding the element. In those cases I add the "for" attribute to the label and link it.
It should be done within a few days. I will post a pull-request as soon as finished.
I completed the task today.
This is the pull request:
The last commit is optional. It adds visible labels to the column option view in issue filters.
This is an accessibility flaw for sighted users as well.
as far as I can see, this issue is ready for review. I therefore update the status accordingly.
Thanks for taking the time to go through all the code. I think this is a great enhancement for all users of ChiliProject. I always tend to click on labels and expect the focus to move to the input field. With these changes in ChiliProject, it should always work.
Thanks for your effort,
- Assignee deleted (
- Status changed from Open to Ready for review
Ourclient's expert on accessibility told us that there are still problems.A brief summary:
- Every input/textarea/select/radiobuttons/checkboxes have to be labeled.
- Even if there are in a fieldset, table .. they need to have an associated label-tag.
- Although tables contain the description in the tableheader, input fields need to have separate labels.
- the label has to be in the same td as the element that you want to label (screenreader navigation issue)
- only exception so far: cloze texts (e.g. in issue filters) -> CHECKBOX Assignee IS (screenreader can read options) ROMANO LICKER (screenreader can read options)
The sentence read by the screenreader still makes sense. Textfields in this cloze texts however still need a label.
I will go through all files one more time and add the labels where needed.
- Assignee set to Romano Licker
- Status changed from Ready for review to Open