ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.

We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.

Switch CI to Travis (Task #1013)

Added by Felix Schäfer at 2012-05-11 08:53 pm. Updated at 2012-05-14 09:23 am.

Status:Closed Start date:2012-05-11
Priority:Normal Due date:
Assignee:- % Done:


Target version:-
Remote issue URL:


Finn has planned to discontinue in the future, I propose we move to TravisCI.


Updated by Felix Schäfer at 2012-05-11 09:07 pm

See pull request 191.

Caveats wrt. current setup:
  • As-is 1.9.3 doesn't work because of some gem (can't remember which) misbehaving and making rake exit with 1 more or less every time, also see this build
  • No jruby yet, though I'd propose dropping it altogether until we have someone actively stepping up to support it,
  • The unstable and stable branches aren't in there yet, but that's a trivial change.
  • Assignee deleted (Felix Schäfer)
  • Status changed from Open to Ready for review

Updated by Felix Schäfer at 2012-05-11 09:36 pm

I'd also propose creating an open mailing list we can send the Travis messages to.

Updated by Jan Vlnas at 2012-05-13 12:41 am

I was looking into Ruby 1.9.3 compatibility in CI and from what I have found it could be Shoulda what breaks rake (see e.g. Ruby 1.9.3 breaks rake test) – although I have run into similar problem with Engines. Anyway adding test-unit dependency have magically fixed 1.9.3 compatibility –

Maybe the test-unit could be a conditional dependency for MRI 1.9.3?

Updated by Felix Schäfer at 2012-05-13 12:45 pm

Yeah, I had seen that, the 'test-unit' thing alleviates the problem but doesn't really solves it. A rake ci:travis:prepare still outputs at the end:


Finished in 0.000226 seconds.

0 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 pendings, 0 omissions, 0 notifications
0% passed

0.00 tests/s, 0.00 assertions/s

Updated by Felix Schäfer at 2012-05-13 01:47 pm

I've added a commit to the pull request to test on 1.9.3, though it's not a nice solution I don't mind having the unit-test dependency in the Gemfile.

Updated by Felix Schäfer at 2012-05-14 09:20 am

I had already discussed the issue with Holger and he was fine with the solution so I merged the pull request and configured the Travis hook on Github (with my token because Travis doesn't have organization tokens (yet)). The results are here:

  • Status changed from Ready for review to Closed

Updated by Felix Schäfer at 2012-05-14 09:23 am

  • Tracker changed from Bug to Task

Also available in: Atom PDF