ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Package and distribute ChiliProject as a gem (Feature #334)
- install a number of gems,
- ensure they have obtained a suitable version of each of those gems,
- use git to obtain ChiliProject itself.
- install ChiliProject as a gem.
- Fewer steps required for the user, and therefore:
- less scope for user mistakes,
- greater user productivity (which is crucial, given that ChiliProject is supposed to be a productivity-enhancing tool).
- Wouldn't require users to have Git installed, or even to know what it is. (Remember, for newbies, each dependency, especially if not automatically handled, is potentially a world of installation headaches, and also remember that for many newbies, even trying to grok what Git is for can be a bit confusing!)
- Less documentation for ChiliProject to have to maintain.
- Upgrades might also become a bit simpler.