ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Introduce Help controller to dynamically generate wiki help pages (Feature #362)
By introducing a help controller, we could dynamically generate the help pages for wiki_syntax and wiki_syntax_detailed. In the long run, we are a then able to
- Overwrite/Extend the help pages in plugins, e.g. to add documentation for custom makros
- Translate the documentation to other languages
By using page cacheing we should be able to do this without significant perfomance impacts.
|related to Feature #361: [Cleanup] Removing code comment, by answering the implied...||Closed||2011-05-02|
|related to Bug #380: Wiki-Help Page||Closed||2011-05-05|
One downside would be: We then need to ask admins to clear the public directory with each ChiliProject update or plugin installation/removal.
On the other hand, we could just leave the page caching aside, since the help links are probably not used very often and caching them would add this additional complexity without significant benefit.
The pull request is at https://github.com/chiliproject/chiliproject/pull/45.
It does not include page caching, because of the expected maintenance overhead for a minimal performance benefits.
- Status changed from Open to Ready for review
Merged into master.
Later on I'd like to improve this a bit. I'll open issues for them
- Separate the help pages from the textile help
- Move the textile formatting and help to an included plugin (also renaming the
- Change how the actions in the controller work, so there is only a "show" action that takes a params for which page (kinda like Wiki pages). Then we can add a help view easily.
- Maybe change how the help appears, so it's in a lightbox. Then we can have better "on page" help.
- Target version changed from 2.0.0 to 1.4.0
- Assignee set to Eric Davis
- Status changed from Ready for review to Closed
Felix SchÃ¤fer wrote:
Not sure about that one: I do like to have the help in an extra window when editing wiki stuffâ€¦
I agree for the syntax (more of a reference style of help) but I was thinking of the lightbox for more of the general help. e.g. Issue->New (Help) "The new issue screen is used to create a new issue...". CC: #366