ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
At Planio Redmine Hosting, we found that a considerable number of first-time users got stuck while creating their first project. The reason: the project identifier. As it is now, it's not clear what it is for and quite a few of our users tried identifiers starting with a number which yields a validation error that is not specific enough to help them understand that it actually has to start with an
This patch attempts to solve the issue by two small improvements:
- automatically generate the identifier while the name is typed in
- let the user know that the identifier must start with a lower case letter
Appreciate your comments and would love to see this making it into the core - I think it will improve the first time Redmine experience.
The patch is against our Redmine version. Might need only minor modifications for Chili.
I like this patch. Some potential improvements to consider:
- I'd use something more complete for normalizing diacritics like http://lehelk.com/2011/05/06/script-to-remove-diacritics/
- We support underscores for project identifiers. There could be a flag if underscores or dashes should be used as the default separator.
- Target version set to 2.3.0