ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Development Meeting 0¶
Meeting of Developers and Contributors
- Description of the release goals for 2.0 (#118) - Eric Davis
- Move to Rails 2.3.11 in preparation of the Rails 3 move in a later release - Eric Davis
- Introduce Bundler for dependency handling - Muntek Singh
- acts_as_journalized plugin (#123) - Muntek Singh
- Helper situation ( ) - Felix SchÃ¤fer
- Pull out all currently bundled dependencies: RubyTree, CodeRay, RedCloth, LDAP - Discuss in actual issues. No need to reach a decision by everyone.
- Update these libraries if possible - Muntek Singh
- Gravatar into separate gem - Muntek Singh
Notes on Topics¶
- Release 2.0 mostly as a library upgrade "when it's ready", possibly earlier than the 6 month schedule
- Upgrade to Rails 2.3.latest
- bundler for 2.0 - Holger and schmidtwisser
- Phase out 1.8.6 support in 2.0 - Might work if you change some things but not officially supported anymore
- Pull in Redmine patched every 2 months or so
- Switch to helpers :all - edavis
- acts_as_journalized - needs to be rebased (phlebasand). edavis will review.
- Shoot for end of May as the 2.0 release date. Keep August as the official one until the release looks like it will be met.
Topics for next session¶
- Find supporters of the different areas of development - Muntek Singh
Committed Attendee List¶
|IRC nick||Real Name|
|MischaTheEvil||Mischa The Evil|
The full text log is available here