ChiliProject is not maintained anymore. Please be advised that there will be no more updates.
We do not recommend that you setup new ChiliProject instances and we urge all existing users to migrate their data to a maintained system, e.g. Redmine. We will provide a migration script later. In the meantime, you can use the instructions by Christian Daehn.
Scrum / Kanban way of project layout (Feature #157)
In JIRA there's a Greenhopper, which gives you ability to assign different layouts of project management. So you can use "scrum" layout. In this case all tasks will be shown as cards, and there will be special graphs and so on. From the nature of things point of view, the difference between classic issue track view and scrum is different representation of exactly same data. and some kind of special graphs ;)) I'm not very familiar with that (greenhopper) thing, but I know that lots of people lack of this ability.
Agile view is a great feature and this will be very helpful for those teams who work in agile-way.
As Aleksey wrote, there is a Greenhopper plugin for JIRA
You can just watch Greenhopper overview video to understand how it works.The basical things which are needed to be implemented first are:
- Planning board: ability to create cards (issues), rearrange them (by priority/authour/version/etc), create iterations (versions) and schedule tasks beetwen iterations
- Task board: ability to overview current state of work, change the status of issues by simply dragging them between (ready/in progress columns)
- Chart board: ability to see chars of the current state of the project (progress/time spent/estimation accuracy/etc). This is very useful to overview how the development proccess goes.
You can take a look on how this should work on jira sandbox
ChiliProject will get great advantages, if the above functionality will be implemented.
Kanban is indeed a tremendous tool. These folks have a wonderful implementation: http://agilezen.com
I don't think it's a far stretch to get something working from Eric's own http://theadmin.org/articles/redmine-kanban-0-2-0-released for ChiliProject. Are we able to already perhaps use this to some success?
There are actually more plugins for the Scrum/KanBan/Agile workflow out there:
- Redmine Backlogs - http://www.redminebacklogs.net/ (https://github.com/backlogs/redmine_backlogs)
- Easy Agile - http://www.redmine.org/plugins/easy_agile
- Redmine KanBan - https://github.com/edavis10/redmine_kanban
- Redmine Issues KanBAnhttps://github.com/handlino/redmine_issues_kanban
- Redmine Parking Lot Chart - http://www.redmine.org/plugins/parking-lot-chart
But I am not sure if they should be integrated in the core system (because not everybody wants this - IMHO, I like it and use it, but...I am not sure if this should be in the core...)
But if not add them to the core definitely could be great to have a maintained kind of official plugins/plugin for this, which will actually work in a plug-and-play manner, because many of the ones listed above are not working without bugfixing them first...